New Home Construction Windows
ENERGY STAR® certification for windows, doors, and skylights is a voluntary partnership between the U.S. Department of Energy, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the fenestration industry. It is designed to assist consumers in the recognition of energy efficient products and promote the environmental and economic benefits of these products through the ENERGY STAR® label and other program activities.
Home and building owners want every advantage associated with ongoing energy efficiency. By upgrading AMI Builder Series New Construction Windows to our ClimaTech Insulated Glass Package, your customers can cut their energy costs even more while enjoying the added comfort of windows that meet or exceed the demanding specifications of the ENERGY STAR® program for window products.
Since 80% of a window is glass, real heating and cooling savings come from improved glass performance. By incorporating high performance PPG Low-E Glass with argon gas and the PPG Intercept™ Warm Edge Spacer System, our ClimaTech Insulated Glass Package improves the efficiency of windows in virtually every climate zone. In cold climates, it lets in maximum free solar heat and helps hold the warm air inside. In warmer climates, it helps repel heat and glare, while filtering out ultraviolet rays that fade carpet, furniture, paintings, and even stained wood.
Windows qualify for the ENERGY STAR® label when they meet or exceed the established guidelines for energy efficiency. This recognition is granted to only the most advanced, energy efficient products on the market. AMI is pleased to be among the leading window manufacturers whose products are ENERGY STAR® qualified for all U.S. climate zones.
By specifying ENERGY STAR® qualified AMI Builder Series Windows with the ClimaTech Insulated Glass Package you’ll be doing a world of good for your customers…our environment…and your business.
AMI Builder Series Single-Hung Windows feature a beveled, double wall, narrow-profile design for increased strength and a larger glass exposure. Color-coordinated locks and keepers, tilt latches, a fully-extruded lift rail, and tilt-in lower sash all combine to make a functional as well as appealing design.
- Integral prepunched nailing fin on all four sides.
- J-channel receptor on side jambs, sill, and header.
- Beveled exterior mainframe.
- Exterior drop-in glazing.
- 3/4″ insulated glass unit for thermal efficiency.
- Reinforced lock rail for added strength.
- Interlock at meeting rail for reduced air infiltration and added security.
- Tilt-in sashfor ease of cleaning.
- Fully-extruded lift rail.
- High performance warm edge spacer system.
- Multi-chambered design for energy efficiency and reduced noise.
Plus these additional features:
- Solid vinyl frames and sashes for strength, energy efficiency, and ease of maintenance.
- Mitered and welded construction for strength and beauty.
- Stainless steel constant force balance.
- Color-coordinated cam lock and keeper.
- Roll-formed aluminum frame with fiberglass half-screen.