What Makes a Window ENERGY STAR® Certified? An Overview for Dallas Area Residents
Is your home in the Houston area of Texas potentially in need of window replacement? If so, now would be a good time to start considering the myriad benefits of having windows installed that have earned the ENERGY STAR® certification label.
About ENERGY STAR®
ENERGY STAR® rated windows rank as some of the most thermally efficient products of their kind commercially available. As they all have been certified to conform with stringent energy efficiency standards established by the U.S. government in coordination with the National Fenestration Rating Council, ENERGY STAR® certified window products are proven to help consumers like you:
- Reduce their in-home energy consumption
- Lower their monthly energy bills
- Minimize the size of their carbon footprints
How, specifically, does a window earn the ENERGY STAR® certification label? In short, it must either meet or exceed federally mandated performance metrics with respect to the following categories:
- U-Factor – how well a window insulates
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient – how well a window inhibits the transfer of solar energy
- Air Leakage – how well a window prevents air from leaking through joints
- Visible Transmittance – how much light a window lets through
- Condensation Resistance – the extent to which a window is able to resist the formation of moisture condensation
For more information, contact the home window installer that has been exceeding customer expectations in the Dallas area for nearly 40 years – Gulf Coast Windows! Along with being ENERGY STAR® certified, every window that we install – regardless of material, design, or cost – is a 100 percent made-to-order product that comes backed by a limited lifetime warranty that is fully transferable. We also install doors, siding, radiant barrier insulation, and more.