Are ENERGY STAR® Replacement Windows the Best Choice for Your Home in or near Houston?
Having replacement windows installed on your home anywhere in Greater Houston is a significant financial investment. Fortunately, it is an investment that provides you the opportunity to greatly improve your home’s energy efficiency. Just be certain that, to maximize the amount of energy – and money – you save, choose replacement windows that bear the ENERGY STAR® certification label.
What is ENERGY STAR®?
ENERGY STAR® is a government-backed symbol for energy efficiency. Home appliances, consumer electronics, office equipment, building materials – these are just some of the consumer product categories for which a variety of brands have been able to achieve ENERGY STAR® certification. Replacement windows, as well as doors and skylights, generally must meet or exceed minimum government standards for energy efficiency by excelling in the following performance categories:
- U-Factor – This measure tells you how well a window insulates. The lower the U-Factor, the better.
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient – Measured on a scale of 0 to 1, SHGC tells you how well a window blocks heat caused by sunlight. Look for windows with lower SHGCs.
- Air Leakage – The rate at which air passes through window joints, AL is measured in cubic feet of air passing through one square foot of window area per minute.
- Visible Transmittance – All windows let in light; VT is simply a measure of how much.
- Condensation Resistance – The higher the condensation resistance factor – scored from 0 to 100 – the better a window is at preventing moisture buildup.
Gulf Coast Windows
One of the leading installers of ENERGY STAR® rated replacement windows in the Houston area is Gulf Coast Windows. In addition to being some of the most energy efficient products of their kind available, all windows from Gulf Coast are:
- 100 percent made to order
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty (can be transferred up to three times)
- Installed by Gulf Coast Window employees, not subcontractors
Contact us today to learn more and get a free quote! We install windows, doors, siding – and more!